Twitter Marketing can be an effective tool for staying up to date, connecting, and growing your network. It also ensures good results for those who want to increase brand visibility and communicate with relevant people and topics. This social media channel is popular and has a consistent and diverse audience influx.
Despite the limited space for posts, those 280 characters are enough to tweet about exciting news for brand followers, details of new releases link to a blog post, or questions you want to be answered publicly.
The Advantages Of Marketing On Twitter Have To Do With:
- Immediacy. You can take advantage of it to keep your followers updated up to the minute. Opportunities, such as sweepstakes and prizes, the announcement of events and new releases, Product changes, or regulatory updates, maybe some of the topics to cover. In this network, current news is the central axis of the publications.;
- Brevity. The limitation of characters must be understood as an opportunity rather than a simple restriction. Those who overcome the challenge of restricted space for each publication can send clear and direct messages to their audience without detours. This form of communication allows a better connection with the user’s needs, although it requires a good strategy and a polished technique to ensure that the messages arrive correctly.
- Global. At the same time, a global network offers the possibility of becoming a local trending topic. If your posts become a trend, you are one step closer to becoming viral.
1. Define Marketing Objectives
The goal of your Twitter marketing strategy doesn’t have to be to sell more. There are more options to benefit the business and drive brand awareness. For example, you can set goals related to:
- Get notoriety. Your updated publications with relevant information can help you become a reference, an authority in the sector.
- Generate traffic. The space that Twitter leaves you for each tweet is more than enough to include a call to action and a connection to the point of sale/website/blog.
- Generate leads. Twitter allows you to understand your audience better and segment it. On your social media channel, you can get prospects on their journey to becoming leads. Quality content will speed up the process.
- Stimulate purchases. Offers, discounts, promotions, raffles… you have many tools at your disposal to ensure that a tweet triggers that impulse that leads customers to include your product in the shopping cart.
These are just a few examples of marketing goals you can set. The possibilities are vast, and anything is possible, as long as your actions on Twitter follow clear guidelines.
2. Analyze The Audience
The effectiveness of Twitter marketing initiatives improves when informed decisions are made. It is what you can achieve using tools such as advanced search. From its filters, you will be able to recognize the most exciting users. You only need to search by keywords or by location.
Before the analysis phase, you must be clear about your objectives. In this way, you will get extra out of the search, and you will be able to find out what your audience is absorbed in and what they need.
3. Define Tone
As in any marketing communication, the Tone is crucial to consider on Twitter. It must be consistent with the values of the brand. The posts can take on a more severe or humorous touch based on this coherence, depending on the content.
If you are looking for stimulus, you can find it by following fast-food chains such as KFC or Telepizza on this network, which have a young audience and adopt a humorous and carefree tone. They constantly use memes and manage to make many of them go viral. His secret is to thoroughly blend in with the vocabulary and tastes of his audience . Do you already know how you could emulate them?
4. Analyze Hashtags And Trends
Hashtags are keywords with the potential to create trends and build community. They bring you closer to new user segments and give your Twitter marketing campaigns an identity. Indeed you have already used them to label your tweets. Next, you have to achieve the following challenge: make your audience share them.
It will be calmer for you to achieve this if, when creating your hashtag, you take into account the following points:
- Focus on the audience and not just the product.
- Get creative to make it non-flat and elicit an emotion.
- Get to the end. Keeping it short makes it easier to recall.
- Mark the difference. Your goal is to be unique.
- When including multiple words, don’t forget to start each with a capital letter. That will make it more readable and compensate for the lack of space.
5. Start Creating Content
Once the above points have been defined, it is time to generate content for your brand. To make this process easier for you, Twitter puts at your disposal different tools and functionalities that will be very useful for achieving your goals.
Next, we review what formats and novelties are available this 2022.
Available tools and functionalities: news and trends in 2022
- usual formats. These are tweets in text format with a maximum of 280 characters, to which photos and videos can also be added. In 2022, new possibilities are added that your brand must explore and take advantage of.
- Communities on Twitter. If your posts on this network revolve around a specific topic, you can create one and moderate it. Please note that users will need to receive an invitation to participate in this case. It is an excellent idea to develop communities related to the topics that interest your audience since it makes it easier for your brand to become a prescriber. To maintain the flow of communication, you can take advantage of your content (from other platforms, such as a blog). External content that you consider can also add value to the community.
Also Read: How To Convert 0.5 Kilos To Pounds