Technology – What Is Technology, Types Of Technology, And more
Technology is the set of knowledge also techniques applied in an orderly manner to achieve a specific objective or solve a problem.
Technology is an answer to man’s desire to change the environment and improve his quality of life. It encompasses knowledge and techniques developed over time and used in an organized way to meet specific needs.
The expression technology comes from the union of two Greek words: “tekne”, which means technique, art, and “logia”, which implies competence in something.
What Is Technology?
Technology is single of the four factors of production, along with capital, land, and labour. Human beings use it to satisfy their needs, including transforming their environment, solving problems, increasing efficiency, improving aesthetics, etc.
Well-applied it can improve people’s quality of life (for example, the development of cleaner production methods). However, when misused, it can cause serious harm to people and society (for example, the use of it for attacks and crimes).
Types Of Technology
Technology Can Be Secret According To Various Principles. For Case, According To Its Tangibility, It Is Divided Into:
- Soft, tender: It considers intangible assets such as new economic theories or new resource management forms.
- Complex: It refers to the one that helps us acquire material goods such as modern automobiles, earthquake-resistant constructions, etc.
- According to the variety of sectors in which it can be used, it is classified into:
- Flexible: Refers to someone who is applied in different activities and areas of study. For example, nanotechnologies are devoted to both health and telecommunications.
- Fixed: This is related to a specific domain—for example, a machine for surgical procedures.
Advantages Besides Disadvantages Of Technology.
Below we explain equally the benefits and the values of It in society:
- Bigger productivity. Technological advances have created tools that have increased productivity in recent years—achieved by automating infinite processes.
- Improvements in communication. The transportation of people and the lines of communication between individuals have been greatly improve by technology, offering more accessible communication.
- Cost reduction. The creation of more effective systems or automation has made production processes cheaper.
- Access to data. Today, through technology, we have access to virtually unlimited information.
- Undoubtedly, technology has brought about a revolution in the business world. This advance has given rise to many alternatives in the entrepreneurial world.
Or advances in science. The creation of new machines for researchers has led to significant advances and discoveries in fields as important as medicine.
Isolation of people. The Emergence of social networks or flowing content platforms has caused higher levels of loneliness among most citizens.
Or loss of privacy. The use of technical devices collects information about users and distributes it to various companies.
Mental health problems. Produce depression or other adverse disorders. The continuous exposure and visualization of “prototypes of humans” has psychologically destabilized part of society.
Or Sitting. Society has very high sedentary lifestyle rates due to the Emergence of products such as electric scooters.
Environment. Technology makes it possible to produce more than the environment can handle. This situation is accompany by an increase in natural disasters, for example.
Modification Between Technology And Science.
Technology and science not precisely similar, although they are relate concepts. Science aims to acquire knowledge, while it is apply rationally and orderly to solve a problem. Furthermore, science seeks truth while it seeks efficiency.
Science and it tend to support each other. The former uses the latter for research, while the latter uses the former to solve a problem.