How To Sell Digital Products Online, Essential Features, And more
Sell Digital Products Today that I’ve discussed the reasons for choosing a digital selling platform, lengthways with who should consider one of these systems, we can look at the top ten tools for doing
In evaluating all of the above tools, I put them all on a level playing field from the start. There was no bias towards any of them, so I started looking for the features that I consider most important in a platform that helps sell digital products.
Although these are the most obvious tools, I decided on three must-have features to start narrowing down the field. I also looked at the ease of use of each platform’s features, weeding out some of the best recommendations early on.
The Three Essential Features Are Sell Digital Products:
- Controlling digital storage and delivery are interesting because many tools don’t provide unlimited storage for your digital files. When it comes to powerful file delivery, it’s more about automation and simplicity. The goal here is for the system to automatically send an email with a link right after the user makes a purchase. Also, we want some customization tools for those emails or download pages. The main area that will separate candidates is how easy it is to store files, as you may end up running out of space with a self-hosted platform.
- A clean shopping cart – I understand this is subjective, but I imagine most people can click on the shopping cart and reasonably decide if they feel it offers a clear and short path to a purchase. This includes a minimum number of steps in the checkout process, since no one wants to click five buttons just to make a purchase. Also, I don’t want any kind of branding (besides my own store) on the checkout line. I also like the idea of no pop-ups, minimal distractions, lots of white space, and forms that clearly describe what needs to be filled out. Along with that, it’s nice to have a guest checkout option and a checkout/shopping cart that stays on your website instead of being redirected elsewhere.
- Integrations with major payment gateways – While a digital selling platform that connects only to Stripe or PayPal should work, some businesses don’t want to use those options due to price or physical limits. Therefore, I find it vital that the tools care for all the most available payment gateways, such as PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, Approve.net, etc. This provides more selling options and puts the power of research in the hands of the trader.
Therefore After Looking At These Three Must-Have Features, Which Of The Systems Is Still Up And Running Sell Digital Products?
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Send Owl
- E Junkie
- Shopify and the digital downloads app
- Fetch App
Abandoned Sell Digital Products:
- Sellfy – Payment gateway choices are limited. You only have access to PayPal Normal, PayPal Express and Stripe. Also, PayPal’s checkout process is far from ideal, giving Sellfy some bumps early on. Keep in mind, however, that Sellfy is one of the best options for embedding the shopping cart on all types of websites. Most of the features protected below are included with Sellfy, so it’s definitely not the least impressive of the bunch.
- Gum road – Although the box looks beautiful and the storage is solid, Gumroad only offers PayPal to accept credit cards. With that said, we will talk about which niche merchants Gumroad should consider a bit further down in the article.
- Now that we’ve looked at the core features, it’s time to assess which ones really shine in terms of plugins, marketing potential, and cool little tools that make the systems work for just about any website.
- The following features focus on flexibility and control, as I would rather be able to expand my website as I please, and it would be nice to have complete control rather than be stuck on a platform that is limited in terms of design and functionality.
- Some of the following structures are more important than others, but overall, I researched each of them, saw if the tool or feature was offered on each platform, and then made the final decision on which is the most promising arsenal for all types of digital devices—online sellers.
So The Other Features I Reviewed Contain Sell Digital Products:
The Ability To Mix With Any Website –
The skill to take a digital selling tool and tool it on any existing site is enormous for many merchants that can use a platform. If you need to sign up for a brand new account, you are hampering those who already have pre-existing websites that they would like to turn into online stores.
A store for plugins or extensions –
Add-on applications come in all shapes and sizes, but the main goal is to have an additional area to expand the power of your online store. This way you won’t be stuck on a website that doesn’t accept commissions or more unclear payment processors. For example, you may want to mix with MailChimp or sell some of your digital products for free. These tasks are often made easy with the help of plugins, apps, and extensions.
Advanced User Capabilities (Wish Lists, Save a Cart, Make a Profile) –
You’ll notice the power of app store features. As many of these features can be include with the help of a plugin. That said, just because you’re building a simple digital product site doesn’t mean your client shouldn’t have full control over a profile. It’s the opposite because your buyers may need to download your files later. Therefore, it is essential to provide an outline that they can log into to find their recently purchased files. Wish lists, cart savings, and other things of this nature are bonuses.
Intuitive and straightforward client organization Sell Digital Products –
Can you see which of your clients have recently visited your site and purchased items? Otherwise, you will have problems with target marketing and handling complaints. Let’s say someone contacts you because they were charging too much money to buy. If you can’t go back to see just how much they consumed, you’ll be forced to pay them back without any knowledge. More importantly, understanding which customers are buying forms your upcoming marketing and sales strategies.
• Reduction Codes And Promotions –
Discounts come in all profiles and sizes in the world of e-commerce. With digital selling, it’s not much different. You probably want to market promotions throughout the year, especially when the holidays roll around. Since you’ve most likely paid all costs for a digital product during the creation process, discounts are essential to boost business without going into the red. Some promotional tools include deals with clear conditions. Rules about how many discounts a person can use, digital discount codes to enter, and timed promotions that expire after a certain amount of time.
• Advanced Reports Sell Digital Products –
Reports reinforce your understanding of what’s going on in your store, but they should also be in-built and straightforward. My favorite reports and analytics arise from Easy Digital Downloads, which serve as a level after comparing other platforms. Some things to look for contain your total incomes based on date range and categories. You also want filters on your intelligence, taxes, exportable data, and plans that track the number of downloads and sales.
• API Access Sell Digital Products–
Suppose access to an API is huge for some users. However, others will never think about it. I didn’t give much weight to an available API, but I realize that more advance users will at least understand which of the options are open for integrating and developing external applications.
• File Access Control Sell Digital Products–
Keeping control of your downloads prevents them from being stole and share. While prompting users to return to your store for new digital downloads. In general, file access control allows you to set expiration dates for downloads that people buy. Along with download limits so that each user cannot download the file multiple times and share it with friends. Basically, file access control prevents unauthorized access to your digital content.
• Marketing tools (such as email marketing and associates) –
You can find online requests to fill the holes with marketing tools (such as adding MailChimp to your website). However. Sell Digital Products most people would agree that joined marketing choices make life easier for the online entrepreneur. For example, a promising marketing tactic involves social sharing buttons and a shop on your Facebook page.
- Shipping and Tax Calculators build trust between you and the shopper, Sell Digital Products as users have be know to abandon carts if you don’t disclose shipping or tax costs at the beginning of the checkout process.
• Variable product options Sell Digital Products –
Most excellent vendors only think about product variants when they Sell Digital Products physical items. However, digital products can also have some variants. For example, you may be selling many packages for your online video training course. If that’s the case, you can quickly implement variable product quantities to drop down and choose.
Sell Digital Products Includes content dripping or the slow distribution of your content to users who pay for a membership. For example, you may not want to reveal all the content of an Sell Digital Products online course. Therefore, drip content only gives people part of the course material until they complete each section.
Also Read: Apple TV – What is Apple TV Plus?
Review How To Sell Digital Products Online, Essential Features, And more.